Feb 25, 2014 – 9:27 AM
About Mama Mgeni
Former aid worker and current SAHM, living in Nairobi with my husband and our sassy 2 year old daughter, with a second baby due in March 2014!
What does “mgeni” mean?Mgeni is a word in Swahili meaning foreigner, guest, visitor or stranger. While Kenya is my home, and I've settled well here, part of me is still mgeni, with a foot in both the expat and local Kenyan worlds...
Top Posts & Pages
- Breastfeeding and censorship: My first blog scandal!
- Finally settled, after all these years...
- Camping in Gatamaiyo Forest Nature Reserve
- Baby Mgeni #2 has arrived!
- What we're reading: books about a new baby!
- Mamas helping mamas: Breastfeeding support in Nairobi
- Maasai Mara: Jacqueline's House
- Happy New Year: Off to Kampala!
Tagsadvent calendar annoying airline passengers artwork baby sleep problems babywearing beach books breastfeeding breastfeeding pillow breastfeeding support bubble mix bubbles camping car seats cave paintings caves Christmas controversy crafts easel Eldoret Expat blog facebook Family first aid fun fundi Gatamaiyo Forest gifts Giraffe Centre giraffes giveaways handmade hip carry Holidays homemade ice lollies Jamhuri jewelry Kampala Karen kenya kids leather life Menengai Crater motherhood Mount Suswa Nairobi Nairobi National Park Naivasha Nakuru Natasha Sweeney New baby playgrounds police popsicles pregnancy prenatal yoga restaurants Rift Valley Leather ring slings road trip rock art Safari Santa shopping sleep sleep training Travel Uganda yoga
Blogs I Follow