I am loving our babywearing yoga classes, but I decided I need to do something more than just once per week. I stumbled on The Babywearing Workout online a few weeks back, and decided to give it a go!
The workout was developed by Kelli Stewart, a new mum who wanted to lose weight after giving birth to her daughter, Kayla. The workout is based on the premise that you have everything you need to lose the weight after you have your baby – no need for a gym membership. Kelli suggests you let your baby be your personal trainer!
All you need is your baby and a soft carrier (she talks more about what kinds of carriers are appropriate here). You can download the workout directly from her site, and participate from your own home. No need for a babysitter – your baby will be your weights.
I also decided to join Kelli’s 28-Day Health Challenge in June. All I have to do is:
- Get The Babywearing Workout video (check!)
- Get a safe carrier to wear Heidi during the workout (check!)
- Commit to getting 30 minutes of exercise 5 days per week, with at least 3 of those using The Babywearing Workout
- Commit to drinking more water and getting more sleep (pretty funny, with a baby nursing at night!)
- Commit to cleaning up my diet (Read: going gluten- and dairy-free for the month of June. TERRIFYING.)
I will keep you all posted about the whole adventure and let you know how it goes! Let me know if you want to join me!